Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    laurriem's Avatar
    laurriem Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    May 6, 2012, 06:03 PM
    How to kick out a roommate who won't leave in ontario
    I live in Hamilton, Ontario in a house that is owned by my mother. I pay all the costs, mortgage, condo fee and utilities. I asked my then boyfriend in August of 2009 to move out. He does not pay anything. He says he will be out by Christmas, by the end of April, by summer. In other words he's stalling. How can I get him and all of his things out of my home? He is a master manipulator of the law. He currently owes his ex in excess of $50,000 for child support but keeps getting away with not paying her. He also has an extensive criminal record and I'm afraid to push too hard.
    Justice392's Avatar
    Justice392 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    May 15, 2012, 10:49 AM
    Hi there!

    Sounds like you are in tough situation. There are lots of resources in Ontario you can use. While you are planning make sure you are safe from your abusive partner and don't let him know what you are planning if you think he is dangerous. There is a greater risk of violence when an intimate relationship is ending. If you are in immediate danger, call 911.

    You might need to find resources that 1) deal with your property and 2) deal with your abusive spouse.

    Support for women with abusive (ex)partners:

    Assaulted Women’s Helpline
    Free, anonymous and confidential 24-hour telephone telephone line to all women in the province of Ontario who have experienced any form of abuse. They provide crisis counselling, safety planning, emotional support, information and referrals accessible 7 days a week, 365 days a year
    GTA 416.863.0511
    Toll Free 1.866.863.0511

    Your Legal Rights Ontario
    Abuse and Family Violence Resources

    Springtide Resources
    Emotional Abuse


    Tenant Hotline
    Free telephone counseling service for tenants in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The Hotline is operated by the Federation of Metro Tenants' Associations. Our Hotline Counsellors offer information about tenants' rights to any tenant who calls Mon-Fri 8:30am-6:00pm

    Landlord's Self-Help Centre

    Your Legal Rights Ontario
    Housing Law Resources

    Ontario Women's Justice Network

    Hope you get the support you need! Feel free to post again if this does not help and I will try to answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to kick my roommate out? [ 1 Answers ]

I started renting a house and I thought I could afford it, but quickly realized that I couldn't. I asked my cousin to come live with me. My name is the only name on the lease. I come home from work one day and my cousin took all my stuff out of the bedroom and stuck it in the living room, so I no...

NJ do I need to evict this roommate or just kick him out? [ 1 Answers ]

I have had a guy living in my house for the past five months. We agreed on a month to month deal but never got it in writing. He has never paid his rent on time but by the end of the month he usually got it to me. June rent has still not been paid. And he just got arrested with no...

Can I kick my roommate out? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a great apartment I got with my great FICO 2 years ago. I am the only one on the rental agreement. I got a roommate 6 months ago. He pays rent in cash. He's a bum with a horrible credit score & hardly goes to work. Can I kick him out by simply giving him 30 days notice? We don't have...

Central AC unit outside won't kick on [ 3 Answers ]

Have a York model in our townhouse. Inside unit works and seems to blow out cool air, but outside unit where fan and compressor are does not run. Checked fuse box and did not look tripped. So I flipped it back and forth and heard a noise coming from box every few seconds. My son was outside at...

View more questions Search