Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    lovedangel's Avatar
    lovedangel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Apr 9, 2009, 03:21 PM
    How to get a judge to believe me or anyone with a part in custody
    I am 16 years old and I live in Ohio. My father is a police officer and I want him out of my life due to many things he has done to me. He has hit me a number of times when I was little and he also went out looking for my mother one evening with his police gun to kill my mother. I screamed and his wife said nothing could be done. I found out he didn't find my mom think god she took another way home than she usually did. And I have told her I ended up in the hospital for depression I about killed myself while living with him he recently let me live with my mom but won't give up custody. How do I get everyone who gets involved to listen to me I was young but it happened and I want him out of my life because I don't want to live with him not knowing what he may do. He has anger issues and is and therapy for it but I don't see it working at all. I need some answers please. I don't want him in my life with everything he has done to me.
    N0help4u's Avatar
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

    Apr 9, 2009, 03:27 PM

    It sounds like you need to get your mother to intervene and get you in counseling or somewhere where you can get some people that will do something. Have you ever told your school counselor or called Children's Protective Services?
    You need some adults who will back you up.
    lovedangel's Avatar
    lovedangel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    May 26, 2009, 12:30 PM
    Yes I have told teachers and showed them the makrs he left on me and then she sewnt the child protection services and they went to his house but I was at my mothers house and he lied to them. And then when I got home he beat me more. I was in councling for a while but she believed my father. And I went to the hospital because I about killed myself because of him. Right now I am living with my mom but I don't know how long it will last until he does something to me or my mom again. I have made it 9 months so far and he still tryes to pick fights with me. I only have a little over a year and a half till I am 18. I don't know what to do. I want him completely gone out of my life
    stevetcg's Avatar
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

    May 26, 2009, 01:39 PM

    If the local authorities won't listen to you, call the state authorities or the district attorney's office.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custody of 2 children where my ex-husband is the assistant to court judge [ 34 Answers ]

I have 2 children in Syracuse, NY, and I want to know if there's anything else that I can do. My son is almost 15 yrs old, and my daughter is 12 yrs old. My exhusband got with an assistant family court judge a month after I left, and was committing adultery because we weren't separated until 6...

70's movie part live action / part cartoon [ 3 Answers ]

It was about a boy who found a dragon (the dragon was the cartoon part) and a family tried to take it away from him. They were trying to make a profit off him or something. Its characters look run-down kind of like chimney sweepers back in the day.

What do you think will a judge do if no party shows up at a custody hearing? [ 9 Answers ]

Likely just drop the case? The situation is as follows: She is married to an abusive husband. One day she decided to get out of this situation and left the husband along with their 1 year old child. She moved out of state to get away. He, the husband then filled for child custody and even...

What can I do about an unsinged custody order by judge for the past 6 years? [ 7 Answers ]

About 6 years ago I was in court and the documents evidently never got signed. So the attorney general can't put me in jail until he signs the papers. I am a mother of 3. 2 live with me ages 4 and 9. I had major back surgery that that has dabilitated me for life. I have a hard time even in house...

Spouse outside US for part and in US for part of the year - file single or joint ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been working in the US (RI) since Aug 2006. My wife has been living and working in India all this time. However, in Aug 2007, she came to the US (CA) on an independent work visa. For financial year 2007, would it be beneficial / correct for us to file taxes individually or jointly...

View more questions Search