Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    Matt3046's Avatar
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128
    Senior Member

    Mar 28, 2007, 05:28 PM
    How do you prove someone is crazy.
    How do you prove someone has a pscological problem?
    J_9's Avatar
    J_9 Posts: 40,299, Reputation: 5645

    Mar 28, 2007, 05:36 PM
    There are MANY MANY different ways. Can you provide some more insight?

    Basically, and this is not the only way by far, but they have to be considered a danger to themselves or others.
    Matt3046's Avatar
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128
    Senior Member

    Mar 28, 2007, 05:38 PM
    Sorry about the spelling,
    Let me try again
    How do you prove someone psychologically disturbed and possibly dangerous, before something happens.
    Matt3046's Avatar
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128
    Senior Member

    Mar 28, 2007, 05:47 PM
    Well, you have seen my other post so you can probably guess I am talking about my daughters mother. I am rely just getting the feeling that she is out of touch with reality. And she is making these false accusations, yet no one has questioned, the soundness of her mind. I just think that these things should be taken into account.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,304, Reputation: 7692

    Mar 28, 2007, 06:06 PM
    If you are wanting to have that person committed, it will vary greatly from state to state and is based on state law. In GA for example, as a police officer if we picked someone up on the street that appeared to be disturbed, ( our opinion) we could take them to the state hospital for a 24 hour observation, if they agreed, they would hold them over for a longer period ( I don't know how long since it was not part of our job at that point) but for several days, for indept observation, and commitment hearing before a judge if needed.

    We also had where family members ( took three friends of family I believe) to sign and swear to those actions that showed the person distrubed, then they would make a petition in the family court for a hearing and to have the person evaluated.

    But most of the all the mental health in patient, state paid facilities have been cut back, and only the very worst are keep, the rest are merely treated after a couple weeks in out patient

    Now for the elderly it works similar where you have someone appointed as their guardian if you prove they can not properly take care of their resourses.

    But in general your first step will be to get an attorney.
    vlee's Avatar
    vlee Posts: 454, Reputation: 109
    Full Member

    Mar 28, 2007, 06:36 PM
    If your ex would consent to being evaluated that would be the easiest way. But if she refuses you can request a judge to order a psych exam for your ex, although it will look better if you volunteer to undergo one yourself. (Fairness, fairness!) Your attorney should be able to tell you if you have the grounds to petition the court for a psych exam. It is my impression that usually both parties have to perform the evaluation anyway, so volunteering to do it in your petition to the judge would be smart. With the other things going on, you may find she is court ordered to be evaluated anyway.
    Matt3046's Avatar
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128
    Senior Member

    Mar 28, 2007, 07:00 PM
    Thanks good advice (again) we seem to think allot. Alike V. That's what I figured.Sorry got to go lost is on
    vlee's Avatar
    vlee Posts: 454, Reputation: 109
    Full Member

    Mar 28, 2007, 07:06 PM
    That's cool. I need to get off this crazy computer anyway. My family thinks I've disappeared.
    Megg's Avatar
    Megg Posts: 421, Reputation: 53
    Full Member

    Mar 28, 2007, 07:31 PM
    I know how you feel. My mother has Pick's. She is mental and has been for almost all of my life. Does your kiddo's mom lack knowledge of things that happened several years ago? If she's losing memory that might be a concern. Does she have random outbursts of angry and rage? If so, that's another concern. For at least two year's wev'e been trying to get my mom some kind of help. For year's we delt with her blaming us for her crapy life, her yelling at everyone and objects, her mood swings that are everyday, her bursts of violence, and the loss of her memory. Finally we found out she had Pick's (here's a list to my post on it and fact's) We had to put her into a home, and now she hardly know's me. All this is to say, you need to speak with a doctor if she's desplaying any of these symptoms or the ones on my post.
    get her the help she needs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can this prove infidelity? [ 6 Answers ]

My husband left our marriage abruptly a few months ago. I have circumstanstial evidence that he is cheating on me. I was told that infidelity in my state (Rhode Island) can only be proven if you catch the two parties "in the act" or by finding vehicles of the parties overnight together. I have...

Can I prove my innocence? [ 4 Answers ]

I didn't even leave the store. I went to look out the doors to see if my friend was coming and they stopped me and told me I was being charged for shoplifting. The security guard said it was my intention to steal. I explained to him that I never would have left the store without paying. Should...

Need to prove father's income [ 2 Answers ]

I need to find out if there is a way to prove the father of my child's income in writing. He will not give this information voluntarily. I have a support order from Florida, but when the order was written, he had a poorly paying job. Soon after the order went into effect, he got a much better...

Prove by induction [ 2 Answers ]

I need to prove by induction that for every n => 0, 8/1*3 + 8/5*7 +... + 8/(4n+1)*(4n+3) <= 4 Every help is welcome!

I'm not getting cheeky, but how can you prove this stuff is true? [ 8 Answers ]

Psychics, fortune tellers e.t.c I don't know man, but gees I don't think this stuff is real and something one can actually apply and take into consideration in the choices one makes. Does anyone beg to differ?

View more questions Search