Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    mom2_4's Avatar
    mom2_4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    May 13, 2012, 02:30 PM
    How do I legally adopt my husbands newborn?
    My husband signed the birth certificate of a woman who gave birth to a little girl and she doesn't want anything to do with it we have been raising her now for a month with no problems I would just like to be legally her mother how do I go about doing.g that
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,304, Reputation: 7692

    May 13, 2012, 02:32 PM
    You and your husband hire an attorney, he will draw up the motion for adoption and forms to allow the mother to sign her rights away to allow for the adoption.

    The mother will sign and you go to court and adopt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get back at my Husbands girlfriend legally? [ 17 Answers ]

My husband Ii have been togetheer for 11 yrs. Married for 6 . He started having an affair with a woman he works with when I was pregnant with our 3rd child. He told me it was over only to find out it had never stopped after I confronted both of them. We are now separated and headed for a divorce. I...

Can we adopt my husbands nieces children been taken away due to neglect [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my husbands niece is having her children taken away due to severe neglect , can we be candidates to adopt,foster their ages are 14,13,2,and 1 if so how do we do it

If the mother signs her rights over then how much will it cost to adopt my husbands s [ 1 Answers ]

If the mother of my husbands son signs her rights over so I can adopt him, how much will it cost to adopt him?

Can Can I do a private adopt a newborn baby from USA if I live in the UK, if yes HOW? [ 2 Answers ]

Myself and fiancé are desperate to adopt a baby. We heard of private adoption and are keen to get the process started. I have a daughter age 10, but fiancé has fertility problems and longs to be a father. We don't know how to start with this private adoption and don't know if we are Myself. We want...

View more questions Search