Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    teeagan's Avatar
    teeagan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Aug 3, 2017, 08:20 PM
    How do I get my siblings back from cps?
    Im 17 years old and I have two sibling (10 and 15) My grandmother made a call to the local police about a report of my mother abusing my siblings which wasn't true at all. The kids ended up getting taken and sent to a children's holding place called polinsky center. Also my little brother has a hard time eating and so he thought on his own maybe he should try smoking marijuana and it actually helped and he had only smoked it about three times and my mom allowed it and we had got him his own medical card after they had taken the kids away . They had not been in school for about a year and there was reports of my mom being mentally ill and having to go to the hospital and held in the psych ward, so pretty much they say she's an abusive mother who's crazy and neglects her children. I need help with this, I hate having to see my mom be torn apart like this, her children are her whole life and would not ever want to put them in danger or hurt us, its hurting my heart more and more each day. What can I do if anything and what does my mom need to prove to the court to get her kids back?
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,262, Reputation: 10853

    Aug 4, 2017, 05:03 AM
    I have a lot of empathy for what you and your whole family is going through, but there is nothing you can do personally but let this process play out, and hope you and your family gets the help it needs. I hope YOU get the help you need especially, to get through this difficult time, and think that's the BEST thing you can do for you and your family.

    My prayer is for you to see that.
    joypulv's Avatar
    joypulv Posts: 21,593, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

    Aug 5, 2017, 03:30 AM
    You can do a LOT at 17 - for yourself, so that you can be there for them! Finish high school and find a skill training program. Ask the guidance counselor for help with one, such as construction, electrician, HVAC (regardless of whether you are male or female, find out where the best jobs and programs are).

    Abuse generally means physical violence. Sounds more like neglect because she has her own problems. Try to drop words like crazy and abusive. Not being able to eat sounds vague but also serious, and not going to school for a year without homeschool arrangements is illegal. As for a medical card for pot, are you in CA? I don't know of another state that gives them out to minors. There are reports of them being too easy to get.... is CPS claiming that's part of the whole picture?

    Yes you CAN get custody of them if you can support them! The 15 year old will be an adult by then, but you can both work together to get custody of the youngest one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for my siblings... [ 5 Answers ]

Hello am looking for steven Asamoah...

Do I have real siblings [ 4 Answers ]

Who am I where am I really from and do I have a sister

Looking for siblings [ 1 Answers ]

I know my birth mother's name was eirwen viola hall, she had two children one boy an agirl who became a nurse. Her sister lived at coppice rise macclesfield cheshire, sk11 7ry . An was named as eileen thompson , about 13 years ago, 1997,my mother I was told lived in preston, 13 years ago, I would...

2 siblings won't agree to sell home owned jointly by 4 siblings [ 1 Answers ]

I am one of 4 siblings who co-own a lake home that we received from our mother. Two siblings need to sell their share of the property to raise cash, and two siblings refuse to sell the property or buy out the two who wish to sell. Do the two who need to sell their share of the property have any...

Siblings and Inlaws [ 3 Answers ]

I have two older brothers who are both married, and I'm single. My middle brother and I both agree that when my Dad passes away the only people who will be able to make any decisions should be my two brothers and myself. My oldest brother wants his wife to be able to make decisions too. His wife is...

View more questions Search