Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    peggy26411's Avatar
    peggy26411 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jul 9, 2009, 10:28 PM
    How do I get my abusive son out of my house
    I have an abusive 40-year-old son living with me. I had to leave my own house because of his behavior. He won't leave my house, how do I legally get him to leave?
    artlady's Avatar
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

    Jul 9, 2009, 10:40 PM

    Call the police when he is being abusive and then ask the police for an order of protection against him.The order will forbid him from coming near you.

    I am going to give you a link for domestic violence.

    They will refer you to the right place for help. They don't want to know your business,they will not judge you,they are there to help you ! Please seek this help,it will change your life.

    Please use this link.These are professional people who can help you.
    National Domestic Violence Hotline

    All confidential and a lifeline.. please take it.
    stevetcg's Avatar
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

    Jul 10, 2009, 06:42 AM

    In a more permanent solution, you evict him like you would any other tenant. Hand him a written 30 day notice to vacate. If he does not leave after the 30 days, you go to court and have him evicted.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,304, Reputation: 7692

    Jul 10, 2009, 08:15 AM

    But first and foremost make sure you are safe, Do what ever you have to do, regardless to make yourself safe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abusive Daughter will not leave Elderly mother's house [ 3 Answers ]

Ok... long story short... my drug addict aunt refuses to leave my Grandmother house. This is an on going sage for the past 30 years. Four years ago my aunt was living in Ohio. He daughter was murdered and she moved back to Pennsylvania and stayed with my Grandmother. She stole everything that...

Is it abusive? Or is it just me [ 37 Answers ]

I have a boyfriend who I've been with for nearly a year now, in a distant relationship. We broke up mid year and stayed broken up for ages, but now we're back together. When we were together before. He broke up with me all the time, and then threatened to kill himself. I would cry and cry and...

How to get abusive druggie brother out of elderly mom's house [ 4 Answers ]

I am 38yr. Old female and I currently am a caregiver for my 81 year old mother. I came from California to live at her house in Pa. to take care of her after my father died. Since then my younger brother who is 37 came to her and asked to come live back home. Everyone in my family has had problems...

View more questions Search