Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    StaceyS's Avatar
    StaceyS Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Nov 6, 2008, 06:38 PM
    How do I change custody and parenting plan?
    I have a 2yr old daughter. I am married to a us army soldier. He has orders to be stationed in Texas. My daughters father is saying he will not allow me to take her with me. We share joint custody, and a stupid parenting plan I didn't want to agree to, but was threatened into it. Is it posible to get the courts to allow this move? How do I get all this done? Is there anyway this jerk can take away my rights and visitation? I agreed to everything to make this jerks life simply, even agreeing he didn't have to pay child support, because he is too lazy to get a job. He is now wanting to fight me, and keep me separated from my husband. I need some serious help on getting all this done!
    rockinmommy's Avatar
    rockinmommy Posts: 1,123, Reputation: 82
    Ultra Member

    Nov 6, 2008, 06:43 PM

    I could be wrong but I believe there should be some sort of resource officer, or someone on your husband's base that could advise you on this matter. This surely is a fairly common occurrence with military families. Have him check at his base and see if there are any resources available - even if it's just informational.

    I would think otherwise you'll need to get an attorney to attempt to go back to court and have your custody agreement changed. If you claim that you were threatened into agreeing to it, you might be able to get a little more leaway to change it, demand child support, etc.
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Nov 6, 2008, 06:59 PM

    The only way you will know if the court will allow you to move is to file a petition requesting a modification.

    Is the father following through on the "parenting plan". Is he spending the time with your daughter that he agreed to?
    StaceyS's Avatar
    StaceyS Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Nov 6, 2008, 07:06 PM
    Our parenting plan is, I have her one week, and he has her the next. But he only takes her every other weekend. And he is always changing weekends, because he is "busy" "wants to spend alone time with his gf" "or because he wants to get back on schdule". So I am always canceling my plans because things keep changing.
    stinawords's Avatar
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

    Nov 6, 2008, 07:12 PM

    The only way you can move is to get permission from the court. You bring in your proof that he isn't following through with his visitation that he wanted and ask for it to be modified.
    mlr08's Avatar
    mlr08 Posts: 46, Reputation: 2
    Junior Member

    Nov 6, 2008, 10:07 PM

    You can try The Child Custody Library. They have tons of forms you can use for custody modifications, visitation modification, etc.

    There's information for practically any situation and you can save some money by doing it yourself.

    Child Custody Help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Change to custody [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I will try to be brief. I have two children with my husband. We have been living apart for 2 years, I filed for divorce 22 months ago. Our divorce is not final and we still do not have a court date to finalize. In the meantime, I took him to court a year and a half ago to get a temporary...

Should I change my plan? [ 8 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for about a year and 3 months. We had this whole plan set up for the next few years. He and I are both finishing our undergraduate degrees this coming April, and then he was planning on going to dental school, and joining the navy so that they would pay for it...

Unfit parenting, grandparents wanting custody [ 1 Answers ]

Ok a brief run down. I am in the middle of a divorce with my daughters father. Have been for 18 months now. Her father is now incarsirated and is facing 30 years in prison. Yea, I know innocent until proven guilty. We have a 20 month old daughter together that I have never received a penny for and...

Can a 16 yr old change custody [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has a 16 yr old daughter who has 50-50 custody. The daughter was living with us most of the time. She was getting into a lot of trouble and trying to disciple her was getting difficult. We we trying to have rules and her mother was talking trash and underminding us. We had enough and...

Change of custody [ 2 Answers ]

I am getting married to a man who has a 8 year old son. We have been together since he was an infant since the mother divorced him right after the baby was born. For years we have wanted custody and she always says yes and then changes her mind. We had pretty much given up until recently. She has a...

View more questions Search