My daughter's biological father is not a part of her life. He owes $25,000 in child support arrears in Louisiana which is where I was told he was last. Child Support Enforcement has not been able to catch up with him either. I live in Texas and my daughter was also born in Texas. Can my husband adopt our daughter we are raising together? If so how?

Note: Biological father is not on the birth certificate but he is ordered to pay child support. There was a mistake with the hospital doing the paperwork so his name was not on it and I never fixed it.