Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    meren82's Avatar
    meren82 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Dec 19, 2014, 04:01 PM
    How can I fight CPS in VA?
    The CPS won't let me around my kids even after charges for assault and battery on the 13 year old were dropped after the child testified nothing happened.
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,273, Reputation: 10853

    Dec 19, 2014, 04:27 PM
    Were those the only charges? Have they completed their own investigation which may take longer or be more involved than just that one felony charges.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,304, Reputation: 7692

    Dec 19, 2014, 07:56 PM
    CPS will also investigate, and even if criminal charges are dropped, that is not good enough for them, they have to be sure, nothing really happened. CPS has much lower standards of evidence and requirements than criminal court has.

    You will need a family law attorney who is experienced with CPS rules
    Victoria Z's Avatar
    Victoria Z Posts: 12, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Dec 24, 2014, 09:03 PM
    How far are you with the court hearings? You can always contest the jurisdiction, that will allow you to present your evidence and witnesses. Cps is a very powerful entity but you have rights! If you were appointed a public defender, he will not put the time in to fight for you. You must do the work yourself . Keep calling, ask to talk to the workers supervisor and the supervisors supervisor. Don't give in! And don't let them win this one!
    AK lawyer's Avatar
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977

    Dec 25, 2014, 12:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria Z
    ... You can always contest the jurisdiction, that will allow you to present your evidence and witnesses. ...
    Huh? OP's right to present a case doesn't require that OP contest jurisdiction. And unless something exists that OP hasn't even hinted about, I see no jurisdictional issue. So contesting jurisdiction would only get OP laughed at.
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Dec 25, 2014, 02:48 PM
    The OP said charges were dropped, so there wouldn't appear to be any current court hearings. Also I see no jurisdictional issue.

    What is needed is to talk to the case worker. Get a clear explanation of what CPS wants before returning the children.
    tickle's Avatar
    tickle Posts: 23,801, Reputation: 2674

    Dec 25, 2014, 04:19 PM
    @Victoria. I know you think you have found a lot of questions to answer, and some you have answered inappropriately. You had better leave some of these questions to long time legal experts who can answer in the best way possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cps, What can we do to get away? [ 0 Answers ]

My husband's kids were removed from their mother due to negligence. They were placed with us and we are considered a foster home (which is annoying since he is the biological father). This whole process has been a nightmare. We have at least 2 visitors on a weekly basis not to mention biweekly...

CPS and DV [ 3 Answers ]

My son called cps on his ex-wife due to numerous reports from his children of witnessing domestic violence between their mother and her boyfriend, as well as their mother and her sister... I'm not talking about just some shoving... the mother even informed my son of a fist fight between her and her...

Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe, CPAs, has three divisions: Audit, Tax, and Business Consul [ 2 Answers ]

Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe, CPA’s, has three divisions: Audit, Tax, and Business Consulting. When the specifications for the new computer system were established, the audit division needed 50% of the capacity, the tax division required 30%, and business consulting required 20%. The managers agreed...

View more questions Search