I was an unwed mother at the time of my sons birth. The father was in the hospital with me when our son was born, however the hospital would not allow me to put the father on the Birth Certificate nor give him his name! He is now 30 years old and his birth certificate has his last name as my maiden name but his ID has his fathers name. I have searched several counties for the name change record and it can not be found. How do I go about getting his father added to the certificate and giving my son his fathers last name? His father and I got married after he was born then divorced about a year later! We had joint custody and then the father got custody and remarried. It has been a nightmare trying to find the name change that his father says he did in El Paso County Colorado. I did a records search in the counties they lived in and got no results!