Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    desirelove76's Avatar
    desirelove76 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Apr 25, 2007, 10:31 PM
    Helping my young kids
    I have 4 kids, from different fathers,5.5yr old lives with her dad,3.5 girl and 2.5 boy,1.5 girl, I have custudy of these 3 kids.Recenly I was dianose with a brain tumor and some other stuff.I asked there dad to help me with the kids and he agreed to do so.Few months later he is trying to get custdy of the kids.1.5 yr old is not his he knows this his name is on the birth cirt.I found the natrul father and he did a dna test to be sure and he is.Me and him live together with her.The other 2 kids live at our home and there dads.There dad is a very bad alcoholic,been in and out of jail and prison for his anger,temper and the alcohl.I know some charges are sells of drugs,pros of drugs,asalt to a cop,animal crulity,domitc voil, etc, In 05 he was arested for dom violens,child abuse.Will they give the kids to him since I am sick and the Dr stats I can not be left alone with kids.Plus he wants the younges even she is not his.The real dad wants her.I do not know what to do very scared,
    Late 06 -07 I found out about tumor,lost job,truck home.Iv hite the bottem and Im lost.. were can I get help in reno.
    Clough's Avatar
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

    Apr 25, 2007, 10:53 PM
    I am very sorry to learn of your condition and situation. I would suggest going to a social service organization for children and families to help you. A local church can also help and point you in the right direction

    I would suggest trying the following sites for finding someone to help you:

    Child Family Children Services - Reno, Sparks, Nevada, NV, Washoe, relocate, moving

    Ms. Kay Davies, Clinical Social Work/Therapist, Reno, NV 89501
    47yo's Avatar
    47yo Posts: 20, Reputation: 2
    New Member

    Apr 26, 2007, 11:45 AM
    You might also try to find out what kind of free legal resources are out there for you - you probably qualify for legal aid, if they will take your case. About the youngest - if she's not his kid, he has no legal right to her whatsoever, but the biological ("real") father does.

    What is your prognosis?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Helping my sister get used to a computer [ 12 Answers ]

Just as the title implies, I want to help my sister get familiar with how to use a computer. I don't have the patience to teach her myself, plus we have very different schedules so I would be missing out on something important, like sleep, to show her. She has had a computer for about 2 years...

Am I Helping or Hurting My Dog? [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I recently adopted a Male Miniature Daschund. Bailey is three months old, and we had had him for two weeks now. He is a lover, and is so sweet.. When we are holding himů We bought a crate for him, and have had him sleep in it at night. Day one and two we had him sleep in our...

Helping discouraged friend [ 3 Answers ]

I would like some suggestions and ideas as to how to help my friend (actually one of my former foster sisters), who is very discouraged and down on herself. She has PTSD like I do, the result of a horrible childhood in the foster care system, although she hasn't had as much success with therapy as...

Helping stop the lies [ 5 Answers ]

I want to stop lying but I need help. I have all these things I made up and I don't want to tell my friends because they will hate me. I know the thing is I should stop lying but I don't want to. Its like I'm addicted to lying. Could it be possible to be addicted to lying. So hears the question: ...

I need a helping word [ 3 Answers ]

I am a CNA and I work for a company, and they are about to close for med fraud, so I am quiting. Here is my problem, I am very close to the people I stay with. I need to know if they quit the company that I work for now before I do Could I stay with them if I get a job with the new company they go...

View more questions Search