Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    tstrong42's Avatar
    tstrong42 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 12, 2012, 02:48 PM
    I had custody of my children from 04, in Ca, my ex lives in NY?
    I got support for 1 year after I moved here, Then in 08,2 months before my youngest turned 18 she got custody. The law is different in NY,and so is the age of obligation. My question is can I go back to the original order, even though I left NY, and get that order enforced, even though the kids are over 18 now?
    cdad's Avatar
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

    Jan 12, 2012, 03:14 PM
    What did your original order from N.Y. say about the support? Thhey have changed between 18 and 21 a few times so depending on when your original order was established that is what your going to have to go by.

    Also so long as 1 of the parties remains in N.Y. then the case remains there until it is finished.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to take the father of my 2 children to court when he lives in the USA? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello My 2 children are 8 & 9 soon to be 9 & 10, the father has ran off to the states when they were 2 & 3 after we split. After he's giving me a hard time with helping out with birthday, school year clothes, and xmas.. I decided I want to take him to court. I can go through legal aid but they...

What are the rights of my you.S. Resident children, father lives in Mexico. [ 2 Answers ]

What are the rights of my U.S. resident children (green card) that have a father that lives in Mexico? Their father has been in jail and they are afraid of visiting him, he has been in trouble with Mexican authorities numerous times, he was in the municipal police force and he was a crooked cop....

How can I get emergency custody of my step daughter who lives with me now for school? [ 1 Answers ]

My step daughter live with me now and I can't register her for school with out a court document, but it cost like $95 and right now I don't have it but its keeping her from getting in school is there anyway I can get something until I pay the $95?

Dads going to Jail, mother lives in another state.what about the children [ 9 Answers ]

Hi I live in Alaska and Im trying to figure out the laws of child custody for my brother in law. He has 3 children aged 12, 14, 15. He has taken care of these children all there lives as a single dad. There is no court order for child custody. There mother just gave up and really hasn't had...

Claiming children who lives in the philippines as dependents? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I just want to ask if its possible to claim my 2 kids as dependents even if they are currently living in the philippines. They haven't been in the states yet and there was no plan for them to come here anytime soon. But I'm sure I can get them an ITIN since they already have visas. They live...

View more questions Search