Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    jumpshot22's Avatar
    jumpshot22 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jul 28, 2007, 12:06 PM
    Guardianship of Nephew
    I am 17 years old my parents are finalizing their divorce in a couple of days and I have been living in Utah with my Aunt and Uncle for the past 3 months. I want to live in Utah with them and my mom has given me consent to, but my father has not. I was wondering if they could get guardianship of me so that I could live with them in Utah, instead of Indiana. My father is trying to make everything miserable and hard for me to do so, so I know he won't give consent for me to move out to Utah. Any comments or advice would help thanks
    Tattiexx's Avatar
    Tattiexx Posts: 5, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Mar 10, 2011, 08:58 AM
    Could you not apply for Emancipation? That way you are free of any guardianship etc, and you can choose where to stay..

    Sorry new to this so not much help, but I think you should be able to do this, as you are over 16.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Guardianship of my nephew [ 2 Answers ]

I need to obtain legal guardianship of my nephew he is 15 and has been living with me since July do I need to get a lawyer or can I just file the necessary paperwork on my own? Also if I can do it on my own where do I find the paperwork I need. The guardianship will not be contested by a parent. I...

Guardianship of my Nephew [ 1 Answers ]

To make a long story short my 8 year old nephew has been living in my care for the past 8 months. His mother lives in another province. His father dropped him off 8 months ago because he could no longer care for him and has never really cared for him. My brother (his father) and I had a verbal...

Guardianship [ 4 Answers ]

My mom is trying to get temp. guardianship of my nieces and nephew. But, doesn't know where to start or what to do. I need help.

Guardianship of Nephew [ 1 Answers ]

My Sister was recently killed in an auto accident in N.C. Her 10 year old son, my nephew, is with me in Arizona. I need to get Legal Guardianship so I can enroll him in school, take to hospital if needed etc. If anyone has been through this please respond. Thank You, Terry W.

Guardianship [ 2 Answers ]

I recently received a consent of guardianship form stating that my ex-wife is seeking guardianship for my 18 year old son. He lives in a home for disabled children. The consent form does not show that it has been filed through the court system. My question is: "Is this the proper way of seeking...

View more questions Search