Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    babygirl35565's Avatar
    babygirl35565 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 21, 2007, 09:45 PM
    Getting Him To Sign His Rights Over
    I am trying to find out how I go about getting my ex to sign his rights over and whether I can have him forced to sign them. My ex husband is a danger to my children and I have had to have two protection orders filed against him and five warrants for harassment and I just filed another for violation of my protection order and harassment. He threatens to kill me and my children and my family. He was physically violent durning our marriage and he is also a drug addict. He has been in and out of jail. I just found out that he went to my children's daycare last Friday and walked in there and was talking to them and when I found out I was so scared because he could have just walked out of there with my kids. He also never pays child support until he is locked up for it and then he pays for it. I want to have him sign his rights over so that I know my kids are safer and that he can not take them and I won't have to worry about him ever getting visitation with them. Is there any way that they can make him sign the papers or is there any way that I can encourage him to sign them,because this is very important to their safety.
    Synnen's Avatar
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443

    Jan 21, 2007, 10:28 PM
    Face it... he's not going to voluntarily sign over his rights. They give him too much power over you and your children.

    You can (and should!) talk to a lawyer about having his parental rights severed, especially if you can prove that he is a danger to your children. In most places, he would have the right to defend himself in court (as in, they're not going to just take away his parental rights by what YOU say... he gets to defend himself) but if you have proof that he is a danger to his kids, the state and usually will step in to help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want my unborn child'd father to sign his rights over [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, Im not sure how this all works, but. I was dating this guy and a month into the relationship I ended up pregnant. When I was about 3 months pregnant we broke up. He declares that the baby is not his (even though it is) he doesn't believe me. He wants a DNA test done to see if it is and if it is...

As an aunt do I rights to sue DCFS for vistation rights to see my niece? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi My name is Rosalyn. I have a 12 year old niece that I just adore. Unfortunately she is in foster care with Illinois's DCFS going on 6 years. My sister, my nieces mom is mentally Ill. Her father was in jail for 10 years (my niece was 2 when he was sentence). Now that he is out jail and a witness...

Question about a father who wants to sign over his parental rights [ 11 Answers ]

I have a question about a fathers parental rights. Can a father request to the state to sign over his parental rights? I have a friend of mine that has a child that he has never seen - and lives in California while he lives here in Minnesota and pays child support. The mother refuses to allow...

Can I sign off my parental rights [ 27 Answers ]

I have 2 kid that live in Washington state and I live in houston I want to sign off my rights can you do that or not I was told the only way was if my ex wife got married and the man wanted to adoped my 2 kids can anoy help me with this

Tenant Rights VS Roommate Rights [ 3 Answers ]

I, the master tenant, recently took on a roommate. I paid $1675.00 (79%), and he paid $450.00 (21%) of the total rent. He lived in my apt for 10 days and moved on the 11th. He was a nuissance as he slept all day and tackled chores, i.e. laundry in the early hours 12:40 AM. So, due to our different...

View more questions Search