Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    star0582's Avatar
    star0582 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Mar 6, 2007, 11:53 PM
    Getting father's name on the birth certificate
    I have a daughter that was born in Japan on a military base (we are both US citizens). Her father lives in the states. He was not present at birth and the legal office here said he could not be on her official birth certificate since he wasn't here and we're not married. We have been trying to get information on how to: get his name put on the birth certificate, estimated costs, also will we need lawyer involvement? Any information anyone has will be a huge help. Thank you.

    Stressed to the max!
    heather83's Avatar
    heather83 Posts: 92, Reputation: 4
    Junior Member

    Mar 8, 2007, 01:46 PM
    I have to do the same thing, military thing and all--i was told all I needed to get was an Affidavit of Paternity from the legal office/courthouse. And he has to sign it acknowledging that he is in fact the father, you have to get in notarized and what not. I haven't done this as of yet, but that's what I was told so far by my attorney. And I think all you have to do after that is order another copy of the birth certificate-when I got my sons they gave me information on who to get ahold of to make changes to it-but that's for my state- Now after than I'm not sure. Haven't gotten that far yet. That probably doesn't help too much--but I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm curious to see what other people come up with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding father's name to birth certificate [ 10 Answers ]

What's the process for adding a name to a birth certificate years after the child is born?

Birth certificate [ 5 Answers ]

As an adult is there any way to get your parents names off your birth certificate? Can that area of the birth certificate be blank?

Birth Certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I just received an updated copy of my husband's birth certificate, he will be retiring soon and needs to show proof of his birth date. On the certificate it shows his mother as being the lady who adopted him when he was in his 40's. (for legal purposes, estate and other) Is this done as a...

Birth Certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I gave birth to my child but it wasn't my ex husband. We were separated for a while but we didn't get a divorce yet. In child birth certificate, there is no name on the father status because I was still married. Hospital left it blank because I was still married. Now that I'm divorce. I want the...

View more questions Search