Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    longatkins's Avatar
    longatkins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    May 14, 2007, 05:11 PM
    Father's rights
    MY daughter was born in Tennessee and we then moved to SC and was there less than a year. My girlfriend up and left and took the baby back to GA to her parents. We were never married but I am on the birth certificate as the father. Also, I had a DNA test done and the baby is mine. My ex girlfriend and her parents will not allow me to take the baby from their house.. since I am on the birth certificate, what rights do I have?
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,305, Reputation: 7692

    May 14, 2007, 07:00 PM
    You have the right to sue for joint custody, or specific visitation. Get the court to give and list specific days and hours that you are allowed to have the baby,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father's rights [ 4 Answers ]

What are the father's rights to a 1 yr. old baby even though the parents are not married?

Father's Rights [ 2 Answers ]

I fled the state of Florida due to a horrible break up between my daughter's father and myself. We were living together and the he was extremely emotional abusive and it had gotten physical before. One day I left and never went back. Now he is threatening me with the law and saying he is going to...

Father's Rights [ 1 Answers ]

My best friend just had a baby, and now the father of the baby is taking her to court for custody (he is threatening to at least). My friend and the baby's father were never married, but he signed the birth certificate. My friend does not want to let him take the baby because he is an alcoholic,...

Father's Rights? [ 7 Answers ]

Does a father have any right if a woman wants to have an unplanned pregancy? Can she demand anything from him if he does not want to participate?

Father's rights [ 8 Answers ]

I have a five year old daughter. Her father was a registered sex offender (I did not know)and left for AK when she was born. I made it clear I wanted nothing to do with him. I have not seen or heard from him in over four years. He knew about his daughter but to my knolwledge has never tried to find...

View more questions Search