Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    stephtitch's Avatar
    stephtitch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Nov 1, 2013, 08:45 AM
    Fathers ashes
    My daughters father passed away recently he lived local but is being cremated in a different district .she would like some of his ahes so that she can have them up her and have a plot for him so she can visit him her grandma is refuseing this .she is 14 and his oldest child and he has no spouse is my daughter entiltled by law to be able to have some of his ashes .
    joypulv's Avatar
    joypulv Posts: 21,593, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

    Nov 1, 2013, 10:01 AM
    Laws vary by where you live, but generally there are no laws stipulating which relatives gets ashes. Often the person who pays for the cremation (and death certificates, and funeral, if any) gets them, and if that person is bitter about no one else helping to pay, they refuse to share.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with claiming some of my fathers ashes [ 2 Answers ]

My mother died when I was 3, my father remarried but died 5 months ago his second wife has now died and my stepfamily want to mix dads ashes with hers. I would like some ashes to put with my mother,but the family are not agreeing to this. Is there anything I can do legally to have some of my...

My fathers ashes [ 2 Answers ]

My father passed away in December last year, he was married for 5years and there is me and my brother left, she has got his ashes and has a new boyfriend has done since 7month, she has got no intentions of putting my dad to rest proply all I want is that I have some where to go and visit him but...

Scattering my fathers ashes [ 2 Answers ]

My sister is in possession of my fathers ashes and I do not trust her to wait for me to scatter the ashes, she lives on the other side of the country. We are all equal heirs to his estate and she is in possession of my father. Is there anything legally that I can do to prevent her from scattering...

View more questions Search