Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    italiandaddy's Avatar
    italiandaddy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Feb 13, 2007, 08:39 PM
    father wants to relocate out of state awarded custody because mother proven unfit
    I live in ny state I have had joint physical custody of my nine year old for over 5 yrs. I received custody after fighting to prove mother unfit. My wife(Step-mom) has been in picture since day 1. She has been offered work out of state = Promotion, more money. She has been with company over 8yrs. Can we move with out mothers permission? Can we move without court permission?What is the court process?
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Feb 13, 2007, 08:42 PM
    It depends on what visitation arrangements are ordered by the court. Custody just means the right to a say in how the child is raised.

    If she has visitation rights she could prevent the move.
    MP49D's Avatar
    MP49D Posts: 30, Reputation: 3
    Junior Member

    Feb 15, 2007, 09:48 AM
    I think it depends on how far away. I have my step daughters every 15 days. We either drive 4 to 5 hours to see them or send them by train. I also have a friend who says he had to travel once a month from Georgia to New Jersey to see his father. It can be done though I think you have to let her know before you move. She may decide to bring this to court again or she maybe willing to work this out with out going to court. Check with your state child custody laws.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to know how to get custody of my nephew from an unfit aunt? [ 3 Answers ]

My brother had a son by a lady, that died 4years ago, her sister has guardenship, because the mother had the baby in prison( brother didn't know about the baby then). The mother got out jail got herself together, and the kid moved back in with the mother. Mother never got guardenship back from...

Unfit father [ 12 Answers ]

My baby is almost 4 and has only seen her father once. And he hasn't paid anything for her. He now wants to take me to court for visittaion. He has an extensive criminal history of drugs, and assault. He is a really bad person that has threatened to kill me, and kick my , and steal my child, and to...

I don't Want My Daughter's Father Mother To Have Visitation Awarded [ 10 Answers ]

Hello my name is priscilla i live in n.y. i was with my daughter father for 3 e years and he was very abusive. Him and his mom when they found out i was pregnant wanted me to get an abortion and his mother was aware of all the physical and mental abuse i had a order of protection on him but it...

My father died now my mother is kicking us out. [ 15 Answers ]

:confused: My father died a couple yrs ago. My mother decides to bring in another man into her life. She is asking my brother and me to move out or buy the house off her. My question is: are we entitled to any part of the house? My father didn't have time to do his will. The house is now paid off....

Curious about biological mother or father [ 6 Answers ]


View more questions Search