Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    frankmeister52's Avatar
    frankmeister52 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 14, 2014, 04:49 PM
    Entitled to ex's retirement
    Sorry but I also need help, I was awarded 30% of Ten yrs of retirement of Ex's retirement, Divorce attorney never finished his work as I have recently just found out and now the one I have wants 400.00 Dollars, Help me please, Frank in Ct. Worked for Dept of Mental Retardation Mrw2 28 yrs.
    AK lawyer's Avatar
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977

    Jan 14, 2014, 05:32 PM
    Looks like you need a qualified domestic relations order (QDRO). Is this what your attorney failed to do? Spend the $400 and get it done.
    frankmeister52's Avatar
    frankmeister52 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 14, 2014, 06:17 PM
    I need help filling out and filing a Qdro form with the Retirement Div. State of Ct. Have form, and need to be walked through the process with a knowing individual. Can anyone out there help me. Seriously dire situation. Disabled, and out of resources completely. Besides ex, just passed away 1-2-14, of lung cancer. Two daughters devastated. Divorced 12-8-98 awarded 30% of ten years, to date of divorce. Wife worked outragious amounts of overtime, and all holidays and triple shifts. God Please help.

    Attorney at time never completed the work paid for, didn't find out until just 3 weeks ago when I found out she had accessed the account. And I didn't receive a thing. Yes, and now the one I saw wants 400.00. might as well be 400000 when you need and don't have.

    Disabled, paid once a month and its gone quick with rent and heat. Is anyone out there capable of assisting with a QDRO St. of Ct. Retirement Div.
    cdad's Avatar
    cdad Posts: 12,687, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

    Jan 14, 2014, 06:29 PM
    Have you tried calling your local bar association and asking if they have any Lawyers that work on a sliding scale or pro bono ? Do you have anything you can use for collateral that you can get a loan on to get the needed funds and pay back when the checks start coming in ?

    Have you asked at your local church or library? Is there a law school near you ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to Write in a Retirement Card Message when Retirement Day? [ 0 Answers ]

How to Write in a Retirement Card Message when Retirement Day for teachers,employees, military and other people who want to retired. At this time, what do you do for them?How to do it and how to express you.

Honorable retirement, no retirement pay [ 0 Answers ]

I received an honorable retirement from the U.S. Air Force after 27 years of service. When I reached the 25 year mark I applied for retirement and it was granted. However, after my retirement was approved I was placed on an administrative hold, my retirement orders revoked, and court martialed...

Is an estranged active military wife entitled to retirement benefits? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been dating a military man for over a year and we WERE engaged to be married. I found out a day ago that he is still legally married to his wife of 14 years. He tells me that he and his wife are estranged and he has no idea where she is. He further tells me that they never lived together and...

Entitled to part of x-husband's military retirement? [ 40 Answers ]

Married an active duty military man in 1971. He had been in the military 3 years prior to our marriage. We were married almost 16 years, divorced in 1987. He retired from the military in 1990. Is there anyway I can receive any of his retirement? Or is it "too late"? Or does it depend on...

If she's with him, what am I entitled to? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a question concerning my separation and divorce proceedings. In march of 2007 my wife asked that I move out of our apartment, which I did under the impression that she needed a break and wanted some time to herself. Within 30 days I received a phone call from her asked that I remove...

View more questions Search