Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    nikki_vy's Avatar
    nikki_vy Posts: 6, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Nov 12, 2006, 06:20 AM
    Divorce law
    I live in mass with my husband for 14 yrs but married 4 years. We have 3 children but he does not add my name on the house which is paid for. If I get dirvoce what is me tittle to have? What about the house situation?
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,303, Reputation: 7692

    Nov 12, 2006, 07:45 AM
    Ok, when I say this, God only knows I mean it, you can have often what appears to be the same case and two judges in the same state will sometimes rule differently.

    What you do is hire an attorney, and he hires an attorney, you sue for everything you want. He sues for what he wants, and then you try to work it out in mediation. Does he work, make big money ? Do you work?
    Have you paid money from your income to pay mortgage on the hosue.
    Why is your name not on the house, did he own it before you were married.

    So take all of this info to a divorce attoreny and they can start you in the right direction. And normally you will ask for stuff you are not even entitiled to, ask for more.

    But you need to be looking at custody of the children, and child support.
    Houses come, and houses go, but children are always the most important thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Divorce Law in Arkansas [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Tennessee and my wife will soon have lived in Arkansas with her parents for ninety days. If I sign no papers whatsoever, how long does it take for the divorce to become final?

Arkansas divorce law [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know what is Arkansas state law about divorce matter. How long a marriage should continue before spouse is eligible for half of the property.

View more questions Search