Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    mother03's Avatar
    mother03 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jun 12, 2008, 03:02 PM
    Desperate to get my kids back from the state from across state lines!
    I've been fighting for almost 2 years now against the state of ky to bring my 3 girls home. I am not a druggie nor did I abuse my children. Their father was abusive and I was DETERMINED to keep the family together. When everything between us fell apart after 10 years due to the violence, Social Services didn't believe I had finally left and went to the school and took my 2 oldest. I had a family member take them in but was still lost without my husband for almost a year. This family member who had the kids got ill and couldn't care for them anymore (supposedly) and for some reason took the girls to their daddy instead of giving me some time to get on my feet. He lost custody in the state of KY due to neglect and that he had gotten addicted to drugs and couldn't leave them alone.

    What do I do? I've done everything they want but they still want to terminate my rights saying I don't have what the girls need. I'm their mother! I know them better than anyone ever will! What do I do? >?!
    progunr's Avatar
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

    Jun 12, 2008, 03:10 PM
    You cannot fight CPS without an attorney, it's just not possible, especially with all the circumstances involved in your story.

    My advice, get one.
    N0help4u's Avatar
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

    Jun 12, 2008, 03:15 PM
    I went through pretty much the same thing and never got mine back until they were 18.
    The workers lied up and down against me in ways you would never believe.
    They allowed me to have supervised visits and I reassured my kids that I did want them.
    The workers used the supervised visits to make up more lies about me
    She ignores them and is on the computer while we are there. (In the meantime, what really happened was they discussed other confidential family cases with each other instead of doing the family therapy sessions they were suppose to be doing.
    Often I didn't even get my visits because the workers 'had an emergency' (yeah right!).
    She throws a bag of Dorito chips at them and calls it dinner.

    Even when I complied to going to all the classes they went into court and said I didn't go.
    When I proved I did they hurried up and said, ''Well, you didn't get anything out of it!''
    And then quickly changed the subject instead of asking me what I got out of it.
    Hate to sound like N0hope but do hope it works out better for you than it did for me.

    The free lawyers they give you are a bad joke because they work in favor of the system and against you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custody fight across state lines [ 2 Answers ]

I want to get sole-custody of my 3-year old daughter. By her behavior over Christmas I suspect she is being abused by her mother. Mom and daughter live in N. Carolina and I live in Calif. We've been legally separated since just before I got out of the military. There was never any formal agreement...

Can I leave the state with my kids? [ 1 Answers ]

I Live in Virginia and I share custody of my children with their father I can no longer afford to live in the state because they decrease my child support can I leave the state with my kids?

Visitation across state lines? [ 4 Answers ]

I am looking to see if it will be possible to have my daughter come and visit me in Florida when her mother lives in Colorado. We are in the process of getting a divorce and my wife tricked me into moving to Colorado 5 months ago because she said she was not happy in Florida, even though we own a...

Spouse taking kids out of state [ 2 Answers ]

My brother's wife just recently left him. She plans on taking the kids out of state with another man this weekend and he doesn't want her to. He went to the police and they told him that they could not tell him what to do, but that they recommended him to check the internet or an attorney. He...

2 states: Can I credit state tax of one state to other state [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 W-2. One from job in Mass. Mass state tax is withheld in that W-2. Then I moved to NC and got a new job in NC. NC state tax is withheld in this second jobs W-2. Both W-2 only have state tax withheld from their corresponding states. So can I credit taxes of one state to another and...

View more questions Search