Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    barbfotiadis's Avatar
    barbfotiadis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Dec 11, 2007, 02:24 PM
    Declaring an unfit parent
    I have a stepdaughter who's mother has been in and out of jail this child whole life. She is on probation, doesn't follow court orders, and has extreme anger issues especially towards my husband. She has been in jail for 7 months and was just released. She was put in jail for retail theft during our custody hearing so we were granted full custody. Now she is out and wants to resume seeing her daughter. We go to court in a couple months and I want to see if she would be considered an unfit parent. My stepdaughter is finally doing well, emotionally and physically and we don't want to disrupt her progress. Please let me know what I can do.
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Dec 11, 2007, 02:37 PM
    You get her evaluated by a competent counselor who can testify before the Family court judge about what would be in the child's best interests at the custody/visitation hearing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unfit parent [ 10 Answers ]

My son is in iraq. He has a 1 year old daughter who lives with her mother. The mother has been diagnosed bi-polar but does not seek treatment. A lot of the time she is very unstable I am very concerned for the safety of my grand-daughter. I know it is not easy to obtain custody but at the same time...

Unfit parent NC [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know what constitutes an unfit parent in the state of N.C.

Unfit parent [ 2 Answers ]

I need some information on how to prove a parent is unfit in court. I have been raising my grandchildren for the past two years and now need to protect them more from their father and stepmother. Need all the information I can get. What is the critera that constitutes an unfit parent. ...

Unfit parent [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! My wife has a nine year old daughter and I have been her father since she was about three. She believes I am her real father so far. The actual biological father has never met her, paid child support, or even know her name. He knew he was the father before she was born and chose to...

Unfit Parent [ 3 Answers ]

PLEASE PLEASE... how do you prove an unfit parent? We have a hearing coming up this Friday and he is trying to say I am unfit because the children missed a lot of school. They do have documentation as to why they missed. They were seeing a child psychologist but his attorney had the judge stop the...

View more questions Search