Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    emmamarie11's Avatar
    emmamarie11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    May 15, 2012, 08:52 PM
    My cousin wants to try and take custody of her nieces child
    My cousin is trying to take custody of her nieces 2 year old little boy. The boys mom is a unfit mother always leaveing him with her aunt and not buying him what he needs and doing drugs and my cousin has been buying everything he has needed from diapers to toys beds clothes etc. for a year now. How should she go about getting custody? And what does she need to prove the mothers a unfit mother?
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    May 16, 2012, 03:38 AM
    She needs to file in Family Court for temporary guardianship. She needs proof of the mother's neglect and what she has been doing for the child. Proof of drug use would also help, but she can request the mother be tested.

    Getting an attorney will help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to get custody of my nieces! Help! [ 6 Answers ]

I am a 21 year old woman from Salt Lake City, UT. My sister has two amazing daughters, but these children are not treated very well emotionally, mentally, or physically. I am currently seeing what I would have to do to gain custody of these two girls. Their parents are going through a divorce...

How can I get custody of my nieces [ 3 Answers ]

How can I get custody of my nieces and nephews

How do I get custody of my nieces [ 1 Answers ]

Hello my name is Becky, I live in Wisconsin. My foster sister has 3 kids (5,7,8) and is not providing a stable home and they have seen more than they should. She is divorced. The father wants nothing to do with the kids; he abandoned them in the middle of the night while they were still...

Wanting custody of my nieces [ 1 Answers ]

How do I go about getting custody o my nieces,one is 3 and she has been living with me and my husband for 2 yrs and 9 months appox. And the othe is 5 months old and has been living here for three months. The mother I now pregnant with another child. She was in juvenile when she had the three year...

View more questions Search