Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    jashadawn's Avatar
    jashadawn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 27, 2010, 07:17 PM
    My children's father is not in their lives. Can I file abandonment and how?
    My children's father does not pay child support, is a drug addict in prison for the 4th or 5th time and has not contacted my boys for almost a year. Can I file abandonment? If so, how do I do that?
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692

    Jan 27, 2010, 08:05 PM

    Abandonment is grounds used for child custody and/or divorce.

    The criminal charges are for leaving them at McDonalds and driving off.

    So if you are not divorced from him, of if you do not have a custody agreement you can use abandonment as grounds for such action.

    ? He is in prison, do the kids write him ? Has anyone offered to take the kids to visit him in prison ?
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Jan 27, 2010, 08:59 PM

    Please pay attention to sticky notes that are at the top of many forums. These contain answers to frequently asked questions in the forum. There is a sticky note on this subject. Please read it.

    What do you really want because filing for abandonment doesn't exist.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I file child abandonment charges on the child's father [ 4 Answers ]

My child's father left me and my son for an old girlfriend 3 years ago. He does not call to check on his son and does not pay child suport. I want to know if I can file child abandonment charges on him!

How do I file abandonment on my child's father and when can I? [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is three years old going on four. Her father has seen her maybe 40 times in this period the last time he had contact with her was over a year ago and I received one check within this year he used to pay me child support without and order but this has stopped also. I have filed for child...

Is it possible to file abandonment against my daughters father? [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is going to be 4 in a few months and her father has been in and out of her life. The thing is I have his phone number and I know where he lives but I have tried to call him and text him and he won't return my calls or texts. I know he gets them because he tells his ex of his 3 month...

Claiming a grandchild that lives with you or does father that lives elsewhere? [ 6 Answers ]

My 18 year old daughter lives with me full time, is full time high school student, has had a baby 12/5/07 and the baby also lives with me. I do claim my daughter as a dependent. The baby is covered by his fathers insurance. Who claims the baby as a dependent on their taxes, the father or myself?

How to I file for sole custody of a child due to father abandonment? [ 1 Answers ]

My child is 1yrs old. His father and I are not married but he was at the birth and legitamized his son and gave him his name. Since the birth of our child, he has not provided any support and he rarely calls. We live in two different states and I have visited him twice for the sole purpose for...

View more questions Search