My brother has a three year old daughter that he is not aloud to see. Or let me rephrase that, the mother of the child does not allow him to see her. They have been to court numerous times about child support and visitation. Well now time has passed niether one of them is obeying the law. He doesn't pay child support because she will not allow him to see her, and she just doesn't want him to be part of her life. Well I spoke to him briefly today about relinquishing his rights, then he wouldn't be responsible for child support. But he said that he still would be. I don't understand that, would he be responsible for child support if he signed over all rights to her?