Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    6 years later's Avatar
    6 years later Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    May 17, 2006, 03:27 PM
    Child support for Rotary Exchange Students
    I have a daugter whom I have physical custody of. She spent the past year in Ecuador as a Rotary Exchange student. The New York State family court ruled in my exhusbands favor to cut out child support while she attended her senior year of high school there. She left my home in August and I lost child support even though I had to sign a document required by the Rotary program stating I would continue to support her finacially while she was away. Are there any precedent setting court cases regarding this issue ?
    CaptainForest's Avatar
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

    May 17, 2006, 04:38 PM
    Did you or your lawyer not bring up this document that you signed? What did the Judge say about that?

    You can take him to court again for child support and try to get it re-instated.
    6 years later's Avatar
    6 years later Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    May 19, 2006, 06:13 PM
    Yes, and the judge still cut off support. I think I have an incompetent lawyer. Yes, I have re-petetioned the court.I need to know of any precedent setting cases pertaining to this issue before I go back to court.
    6 years later's Avatar
    6 years later Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    May 24, 2006, 02:43 PM
    I have a June 15th Court date... does anyone have any information which would pertain to this matter ? I NEED HELP!!
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692

    May 24, 2006, 03:47 PM
    You will need to show in court what expenses she will have while there, what money you have to send to her, and ask the court to have him pay 1/2 of that amount.

    You will need them to supply you with some est of what costs she will have.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support for child out of wedlock [ 8 Answers ]

My friend has been dating a man who is a millionaire(really) for two years. He is married and has two kids with wife. He has been financially supporting her all this time. Her role was to be available to jet set the world with him at a moments notice and of course look good and sleep with him. ...

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

Child support [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I were eustatic when his ex girlfriend announced that she intended to end the child support because his son is usually here with us. She isn't sure how to end the case though. Should she call the child support enforcement or the court house to drop the case? Any help you can give...

Child support [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My husband has been divorced for 19 years, his kids are 25,23 and 21. His divorce agreement (Massachusetts) states that he pays Child support until the youngest turns 18 or is emancipated and that the support shall continue for any child not having attained the age of 22, residing with...

View more questions Search