I am the custodial parent, my daughter is grown and her father just passed away in dec 2007. He owes back child support for several years, a little oevr 40,000.00, my daughter is grown and does not live with me any,ore and the father was having monies taken out of his check whenever the atty general would catch him with a job that wasn't cash under the table. Okay, now he is deceased what am I entitled to as far as all of the back child support? Do I need to contact the social security office about this or who do I need to be in touch with to see if I would be entitled to his social security or what since this is looked at as a debt? I'm not sure where t go with this .