Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    geneva11's Avatar
    geneva11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Nov 4, 2013, 12:54 PM
    Child support owed
    Hi, my husband has sole custody of his daughter. Mom has weekend visits (she hasn't picked her up in over 4 months now) she's supposed to pay child support but instead she decided to quit her job and collect welfare, not only do we get no help from her, judge decided to charge my husband 100 bucks a month because she collects welfare, (luckily she said no) is there any sort of back pay when people collect welfare and owe child support? Or should we just get used to the idea that she is never going to help out financially? Help please!
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,970, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Nov 4, 2013, 01:13 PM
    If a judge suspended her support obligation then she doesn't owe the support. If she ever goes off welfare, you can apply for the report to be reinstated.

    While this sucks for your husband, believe me being on welfare is no picnic.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Back child support ordered even though not owed [ 1 Answers ]

When my ex and I went to court to have them determine how much child support I was to pay she asked for back child support even though I had been giving her more than the court decided was appropriate. Because I did not have my receipts with me for the money that I had given her so far she was...

Child support owed by deceased parent? [ 4 Answers ]

Am I entitled to land that was owned by my deceased father due to back child support

Child support owed by deceased parent [ 4 Answers ]

I am the custodial parent, my daughter is grown and her father just passed away in dec 2007. He owes back child support for several years, a little oevr 40,000.00, my daughter is grown and does not live with me any,ore and the father was having monies taken out of his check whenever the atty...

Back owed child support [ 1 Answers ]

My ex-husband owes almost $20,000 in back support. He is not currently paying. He has not seen or had any contact with his children in over 8 years. I have a case with the child support enforcement in my area, but they rarely have any luck in finding him. My question is, Why do I never receive his...

Back Child Support That is Owed To Me! [ 5 Answers ]

My Ex Husband and I got divorced and I got custody of the children. His child support obligation was to pay me 1000.00 monthly through the clerk of courts. He rarely paid me, but occasionally he would. Sometimes it was through the clerk, and sometimes directly to me. When he paid me directly I...

View more questions Search