Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    atiredmomma's Avatar
    atiredmomma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jul 12, 2008, 10:56 AM
    Child support arrears and SSDI in PA
    Can Domestic Relations take a disabled persons SSDI (their only income) for child support arrears?
    cdad's Avatar
    cdad Posts: 12,687, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

    Jul 12, 2008, 10:59 AM
    In many states and based on new federal guidelines they can.
    stinawords's Avatar
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

    Jul 12, 2008, 11:29 AM
    In the states that I know of they can cause the kid still needs to eat and have cloths that fit.
    deeregirl39's Avatar
    deeregirl39 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jun 27, 2010, 02:44 PM

    Child support doesn't stop just because u are disable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Current and arrears when no child is at home and ssdi? [ 6 Answers ]

I have 2 children.One is now 19,the other will be 18 on August 17.Back in 1999,Dfacs brought the children to me because of "excessive physical abuse".I quit paying support since they lived with me.The mother and her husband(a convicted felon,40,000$ worth of marijuana)were ordered to attend...

Child support Arrears and custody [ 3 Answers ]

If I owe child support and I wanted custody of my son, what should I do. I can't afford what they are asking, and he's suffering from a form of neglect but by me being the non-custodial parent it's hard to prove.

Child support arrears [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I live in Texas. He has children for whom he pays child support however he has substantial arrears. Can a lien be placed against our home or can my IRS refund be garnished to satisfy his arrears/past due support? The home is in my name solely and I didn't indicate married when...

Collection of child support arrears [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Order for child support arrears. I also have an abstract of support judgement which has bee recorded. I want to make sure the father cannot take money out of his property before paying off this support order. How do I make sure this order and abstract show up against his real property...

View more questions Search