Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    TAKECAREOFURKID Posts: 5, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Nov 27, 2008, 03:04 AM
    Child support in arrears, non-custodial parent recently awarded SSDI

    I have a case in the Kings County Family Court of New York. The non-custodial parent of my three children has been ordered to pay child support ever since the 90's. He has not paid , and is in arrears ove $66,000.00. In court he claims he can not work or even pay the modification of $25.00 a month. Recently, he has been awarded SSDI benefits. What is the legal process for my children to get these SSDI benefits?:confused:
    me22469's Avatar
    me22469 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2
    New Member

    Nov 27, 2008, 06:02 AM

    You need to call the Social Security Administration and set up an appt. They will tell you everything that you will need to bring with you. Sometimes they will even have you mail in copies of what they want and can do an interview over the phone. Good Luck. You will definitely need the noncustodial parents S.S.N. and birthdate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support arrears and SSDI in PA [ 3 Answers ]

Can Domestic Relations take a disabled persons SSDI (their only income) for child support arrears?

Non custodial parent rights in death of a child he pays support for [ 5 Answers ]

Friend who is non custodial parent - his daughter killed last night in car wreck in MD. What are his rights as to state of burial. Mother moves around. He pays child support to Lancaster, PA, where they did live. SHe wants child buried in SC where she is moving to.

Custodial Parent allows child to live with non custoial parent [ 8 Answers ]

Can the custodial parent allow a minor child to move in with the non custodial parent? Can this be done with out a court order, if both the custodial & non custodial parent agree on the conditions or do they need to file with the court?

Current and arrears when no child is at home and ssdi? [ 6 Answers ]

I have 2 children.One is now 19,the other will be 18 on August 17.Back in 1999,Dfacs brought the children to me because of "excessive physical abuse".I quit paying support since they lived with me.The mother and her husband(a convicted felon,40,000$ worth of marijuana)were ordered to attend...

Child support/custodial parent moves in with boyfriend [ 5 Answers ]

I just got ordered by court to pay $200 a week in child support for my one daughter. Now I find out from my 9 year old daughter that her mommy's boyfriend has been living with them and now are moving into other house. He is paying for everything. My question is can my child support be...

View more questions Search