Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    bdevine's Avatar
    bdevine Posts: 4, Reputation: 2
    New Member

    May 15, 2006, 10:28 AM
    Child support
    My husband and I were eustatic when his ex girlfriend announced that she intended to end the child support because his son is usually here with us. She isn't sure how to end the case though. Should she call the child support enforcement or the court house to drop the case? Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated. Thanks! The case is in AZ
    CaptainForest's Avatar
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

    May 15, 2006, 01:26 PM
    I would suggest contacting your lawyer and having him take care of it for you.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,304, Reputation: 7692

    May 15, 2006, 04:19 PM
    I will agree, nothing can stop a court ordered child support though the child enforcement people without a new court order ending it.

    And depending on the state, it would have to address trhe entire child custody issue, since many states have minimum required child support if you are not the custoday parent..

    So an attorney will be about the only way.
    bryden1401's Avatar
    bryden1401 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2
    New Member

    Nov 7, 2007, 07:32 AM
    Yeah he can't just stop paying cause she says it's OK an judge in Family Court is the only one who can make that happen. So that mean you have to go see an attorney, and I would make sure she signs a paper of some sort through the courtt that she agrees with this and will not coem back after your boyfriend for back shild support if she dosne't want the child he could go even further and get her to sign over to relenquish her parental rights

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support for child out of wedlock [ 8 Answers ]

My friend has been dating a man who is a millionaire(really) for two years. He is married and has two kids with wife. He has been financially supporting her all this time. Her role was to be available to jet set the world with him at a moments notice and of course look good and sleep with him. ...

Child support [ 15 Answers ]

Could someone please explain to me what child support is to be used for

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

Child Support [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, my husband has 2 kids from a previous marriage, we pay child support on time, which is 30% of my husbands net income. However his ex earns a lot more than he does and has a lot less financial responsibilities compared to us as she lives for free with her parents who take care of everything. We...

Child support? [ 9 Answers ]

I have had this question on my mind for a while now, so I thought I would ask it and hope someone here knows the answer. Hypothetically, lets say I got this random girl at a party pregnant. Letís say I have no interest in being a father. Could I sign away all my rights as a father and...

View more questions Search