Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    avalos76's Avatar
    avalos76 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    May 8, 2009, 09:16 PM
    Child last name change
    I live in fesno, California and I would like to add my last name to my two older son's
    Birth certificate can I do this and how would I go about doing it
    cdad's Avatar
    cdad Posts: 12,701, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

    May 9, 2009, 05:57 AM

    Im not sure Im understanding this. So let me try to answer it based on what I think is going on.
    1) either your looking to add you name to a birth certificate or

    2)your looking to change the name of the child.

    If your looking to put your name on then your going to have to go to court and establish yourself in court as the legal father. Request a DNA and also to be added to the borth certificate.

    If it's a name change for the child. You will need to contact the mother and see how it may workout. Depending on the age of the child or children the courts may not allow for a name change. If the mother refuses to agree to a name change then you will have to go to court to request it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child name change [ 2 Answers ]

How do I go about changing my kids last name to mine? Their father and ii were never married but he is on the birth certificate but no custody has been established. I have had them 24/7 and he barely sees them. They are 4 and 2.

Change of last name for child [ 1 Answers ]

I am alseeking info (for my daughter-in-law) about changing her first son's name. His father took advantage of a date and then disappeared. The child was born receiving his mother's maiden name. Now that she and my son are married, they would like to change the child's last name. They do not...

Change name of my child [ 1 Answers ]

My son is 7 years old. He hasn't seen or heard from his father in almost 2 years. He has been asking me and my family if he can change his last name to my last name. How do I go about doing this? What does it involve? What are the costs?

My child wants to change her last name [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is 17 and her biological father has not been in her life for at least 8 years. She wants to change her last name to my current husbands last name, he is the only father she has ever really had. She wants to change her name before she graduates or gets her licence. I don't have much...

Child name change [ 1 Answers ]

Never mind

View more questions Search