Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    1525's Avatar
    1525 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    May 16, 2011, 06:39 PM
    Child custody issue in Mahoning County, Ohio
    I am a mother of 2 girls ages 3 and 2 and about a year ago their father and I split up. I still let him see the girls but one day he decided not to bring them back to me and falsly accused me of beating them ( which I have proof I didn't. He even sent me several text messages saying I never hurt them in any way) and child services has since been involved. I personally feel like the only reason he wants them is for the government assistance money seeing as how the next day he went and applied for it with their names on it. I go visit them as much as I can but I would like to have the child services case closed and have at least half custody. How hard would it be for me to obtain custody and bring them to PR after so long and how would I go about this seeing as how I currently live in Puerto Rico and am in college here? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    May 16, 2011, 06:54 PM

    As soon as you split you should have filed for custody. Now its going to be much harder. You need an attorney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Please Help Me... What is needed to prove a parent unfit in Summit County, Ohio? [ 0 Answers ]

After my ex took off to Ohio with the child for 4 years without a word, she decided to reside in New Castle, Pa. to finally let me spend some time with her. Even though the mother put "father unknown" on the birth certificate, I have always treated her as my child.(Paternity has yet to be...

Child custody grandmother issue [ 2 Answers ]

I have my three youngest kids living with me at my parents house, my 13 and 16 year old are living with my soon to be ex mother in law. My 16 year moved in with her and she has custody with no child support due to her behavior issues since four years ago, my 13 year old was living with her mother...

Closed adooption records in madison county london Ohio [ 3 Answers ]

I was adopted in madison county in 1987. I was taken home 5 days later. The birth mother gave me up for adoptions because she had 6 other children who had some problems and wanted a better life for me. The Birth mother did have a certificate with the legal name she had for me. But the adoptive...

View more questions Search