I have a quick question. My husband and I separated last year. Due to him acting like a clown and becoming violent he was arrested and evicted by the law. When we went to court, our attorneys (at the time) thought it'd be in his best interest to agree to a "stay away" agreement instead of a restraining order for employment purposes. During this meeting, our attorneys addressed custody, visitation rights, and child support. My biggest issue was and is that he lied to the attorneys to avoid giving me adequate child support for our children. The other thing that bothers me is that he barely exercises his visitation rights. He is allowed to see them twice a week for 4 hours each time. They only see him once a month and he rarely, if ever calls them.
A co-worker advised me to file child abandonment to have the child support increased but I'm not sure that I can do this given the circumstances. Any advice? It deeply disturbs me that a man would rather avoid taking care of his children to live a bachelor's life than being a good example of what a man and father are. Thanks.
Oh- I live in Fulton County, GA. Thanks again!