I have a common law husband and we had lived for two years together with my mother.. Last September 22, 2009 he left stating in the letter to forgive him because he lied that he has already found a job and asking for forgiveness. How many months do I have to wait to file charges against him in abandoning our child who is 1 year old? We are not married but the birth certificate was completely signed by him under the NSO. I would like to ask for a support not only financially but morally and emotionally for our child