My son and I reside in York county Pennsylvania. My son will be 2 years old in September. His father walked out and left the household on March 12th 2011. It has been now been 15 months since my sons father has made any attempt to see the child. He gives no phone calls or stops to visit. In fact my sons fathers whole side of the family acts as though my son does not exist none of them acknowledge my son in the least. Also his father pays no financial child support, but keeps telling people he is going to take me to court for full custody. Isn't this considered child abandonment and what can I do to prevent him from being awarded custody in the event he does try to take my son from me?