Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    viki1225's Avatar
    viki1225 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Nov 5, 2013, 08:27 PM
    Change father's name on birth certificate
    Hi.I was married when my child born and put my husband name on birth certificate.Now I married to biological dad.I want to put biological father's name on birth certificate(state pa).how to do this?
    cdad's Avatar
    cdad Posts: 12,687, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

    Nov 5, 2013, 08:30 PM
    First there will have to be a challange in court. As of right now your husband is the presumed father of the child. To get a change made it has to be done through the courts and then sent to the records department to have it adjusted.

    Are all parties in agreement to this? If so then it will be easy and will just take some time. If not all parties agree then there may not even be a challange depending on your local law and the amount of time passed since the birth certificate was entere into record.
    viki1225's Avatar
    viki1225 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Nov 5, 2013, 08:34 PM
    Everybody has agree.The child is 6years old.
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,970, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Nov 5, 2013, 08:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by viki1225 View Post
    Everybody has agree.The child is 6years old.
    Then file a petition in your local Family Court to change the paternity of the child and amend the birth certificate.
    CurlyTwo's Avatar
    CurlyTwo Posts: 9, Reputation: 0
    New Member

    Nov 6, 2013, 11:01 PM
    You might have to get a court order to get it corrected from the Vital Statistics Office.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to change father's name on birth certificate in PA? [ 1 Answers ]

I found out when I was a teen that my uncle could be my father and when we did a DNA test it turned out that he is my real father. We would like to get the info on my birth certificate corrected but we don't know where to start. I need my now uncles name removed and my fathers put on.

He's not the father but on the birth certificate how can I change that [ 1 Answers ]

I was already pregnant when I met him and he signed the birth certificate. Now he's trying to take me to court for custody. How can I bring up to the court he's not his real father

Legal Father Is Not Biological Father - How Do I Change The Birth Certificate? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a question, I have a 9 year old. I'm married and my husband's name in on the Birth Certificate of my 9 year old. I would like to tell my daughter who her real father is. I called her bio father and he does not want to do the DNA to see if it is his daughter. What are my options? Can he...

Father not around at birth. Want to add him to birth certificate/change babies name [ 1 Answers ]

At the time I had my son 5 months ago his father was not in the picture so I opted to not give him his last name or put his name on the birth certificate... however now his father came back and we are working things out.. how do I go about changing the birth certificate and my sons last name... do...

View more questions Search