Can someone please give me your advice/knowledge? I have an 8 year old daughter. Her bio dad did not show up to sign the birth certificate. He has had contact with her a handful of times in the last 3 years- only through his mother. My husband and I want to put his name on the birth certificate since my daughter considers him her dad anyway. And maybe change her last name to ours. Can I get in trouble for adding his name if I know he's not the bio dad? What steps would I have to take to get this done? And lastly is it expensive? Thanks