Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    nennik's Avatar
    nennik Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    May 20, 2008, 08:41 AM
    Can support payments stop at 18 years of age
    May I stop child support payments after my child is 18? He lives with his mother, grandmother, aunts and cousins. He has no interest in school nor do the adults he lives with. His Grandmother and Aunts collect welfare. They use my support payments for their own good, I buy my sons clothes and give him spending money. They have no rent to pay or utilities. My son will not come live with me (I have rules and will make him go to school he's 16).
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,970, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    May 20, 2008, 08:50 AM
    Depends on what your divorce agreement states.
    George_1950's Avatar
    George_1950 Posts: 3,100, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

    May 20, 2008, 08:57 AM
    As Scott says, the divorce agreement; or if there was never a marriage, the language of the support order; and the law of your state. Where do you live?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I raise support payments? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi again everyone! I want to raise my child support payments. It has been 4 years since they were established (child is 7 yrs) and I would like to raise them. Do I need a lawyer? Or can I just do it on my own?

He wants to give up his parental rights in order to stop child support payments [ 12 Answers ]

3 years ago I dated a guy who was is in the army:( and got pregnant and had our daughter on June 4th 2006. I thought he would be here for me but it turns out he was married. His wife had no idea and I didn't either. After not hearing from him for 6 months he called and said that he had been...

No child support payments [ 6 Answers ]

Here is a short version of my problem. I got pregnant, then I got married, husband beat me and cheated on me, got divorced in Ohio. Well the lawyer said that since I was pregnant when I was married and when I was filling for divorce that My Ex husband was automatically the father. I gave birth at...

When do child support payments stop? [ 5 Answers ]

Both I and my son reside in Florida. I pay child support through court ordered payroll deduction. My son turned 18 earlier this month. He is still currently living at home with his mother. He is employed and plans on attending community college this fall.Can I petition the court to stop support...

Stop substantially equal payments [ 3 Answers ]

I have been making substantially equal payments (withdrawals) from a 403B for 4-5 years and am considering stopping the withdrawals. I am 43 years old. Can I do this without any negative tax consequences?

View more questions Search