Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    elemay123's Avatar
    elemay123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 20, 2011, 12:17 PM
    Can the non custodial parent claim the child on their taxes?
    My ex husband and I split in August 2010, does he have the legal right to claim my son on his 2010 taxes? I have a child support order stating that Im the custodial parent.

Check out some similar questions!

Non-Custodial Parent Paying College Costs-Can I Claim Child? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a divorced father of a 19 year old daughter in college. In my divorce decree it states that I am the parent to claim the minor child and I have done so for the past 14 years. During the past year I contributed over $4,000 of her tuition, her mother has contributed nothing. The issue is that...

Non custodial parent claiming child on taxes [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a non-custodial parent and when the divorce decree was finalized, there is no mention at all in it that states who can claim, apparently it was left out. I make my payments through the child suport center, never missed a payment in 10 years. My ex also makes double what I make and I do...

Can a non-custodial parent claim a child [ 1 Answers ]

Can a non-custodial parent claim taxes for a child if the child does not live with him?

Non-custodial parent claimed child on his taxes [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I just found out that my child's father claimed my 4 month old son on his taxes! Before I did I am so pissed and I want to know if there is something I ca do about this? And the sad thing is he does not support or see him at all.

Can the non-custodial parent claim the child on their taxes [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is 5 yrs old and her father has not done anything for her. Now out the blue, he wants to be in her life. We have a temperary child support established ( as of today). He wants to claim her on his taxes next year. Can he do this being that he is the non-custodial parent and has never...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.