Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    jessica29's Avatar
    jessica29 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Aug 26, 2010, 05:38 PM
    Can I as a mother n never been married take my children out of state without the
    I am a mother of seven I live in Ohio and I am moving 2 West Virginia with my children the father of two of them is giving me a hard time leaving we have never been married can I leave the state without his permission and not get into any trouble
    JudyKayTee's Avatar
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

    Aug 26, 2010, 05:44 PM

    Has paternity been established? Does he have Court-ordered rights?

    If he does not you can go anywhere you want with the children.
    pready's Avatar
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

    Aug 26, 2010, 05:47 PM

    Who has custody of the children and what are the terms of any custody agreements between you the mother and the father or are there any court orders preventing you from moving. I would think that these things would be the only reasons that would keep you from moving to another state with your children.
    cdad's Avatar
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

    Aug 26, 2010, 05:49 PM

    Keep in mind even if he doesn't have visitation through the courts at this time he can file papers right away and you may have to either come back of give up the children. Its always best to get the courts permission first before a move when another parent is also interested in the children.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692

    Aug 26, 2010, 05:50 PM

    Being or not being married has nothing to do with this what so ever.

    If the father of the child has a court order visitation.
    But if he does not right now, he can file for them and ask that you not be allowed to move the children so he would not lose his visits.

    So does he visit, has he been a part of the children's life ?
    What terms have you offered for extended visits with him if you were to move

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can step mother get child support issued from biological mother of step children? [ 5 Answers ]

My husband doesn't want to go after his ex for child support. Can I go after her as the step parent who has been caring for the children for almost five years? The biological mother hasn't seen or talked to the children for about four years now.

Different state employees filing married jointly for federal but separate state tax? [ 1 Answers ]

We got married in Dec 06 month. We want to file federal tax 2007 married jointly. She lives in Alabama and I live in Wisconsin. I am a resident alien and she is not. For federal, I can apply 1040 R, jointly married. My question is whether we have to file state tax married jointly? If I file...

Want My Children to Visit Me. Order is from State Where Children No Longer Live [ 8 Answers ]

Children were living with mother in Hawaii when order was signed. Children and mother are now living in NC, have been for 3 years. Does State of NC have jurisdiction or do we have to go back to Hawaii? I want my children to come visit me where I live and she is saying I have to go to NC to visit...

Dads going to Jail, mother lives in another state.what about the children [ 9 Answers ]

Hi I live in Alaska and Im trying to figure out the laws of child custody for my brother in law. He has 3 children aged 12, 14, 15. He has taken care of these children all there lives as a single dad. There is no court order for child custody. There mother just gave up and really hasn't had...

Children want to be with mother and mother agrees. [ 15 Answers ]

Hello,I live in Jacksonville,Florida and I have been here since 11/05.I used to live in NYC and at one point I was having a very hard time with my living situation so I gave my ex-husband custody of our 2 beautiful sons(hesitantly) but I knew they would be in a better environment at that time in...

View more questions Search