My sons grandmother had permission over a year ago by me, the maternal mother, to keep my son for a couple weeks. She never brought him back, and police say its not kidnapping because I gave her permission to take him. His father was incarcerated during that time. I just moved to the state where my son lives, and have been told he is enrolled in daycare here in Queens, NY. My sons father since his release from prison, and his grandmother, have refused to let me even see my child and have threatened harsassment charges if I continue to call and check on my son. I cannot afford to go to court and fight for full legal custody. There is no order in place and my sons father and I were never married. Can I legally pick up my son from his daycare if I provide his birth certificate, ss card, and my identification card to prove Im his mother and Im who I say I am?