Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    brokenhearted20's Avatar
    brokenhearted20 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Nov 4, 2010, 11:02 PM
    Can I get spousal support ?
    We've been married for almost 2 years but been together over 4 years. I supported him while he was in prison for at least a couple of years. I have receipts and he even signed a couples agreement that if we split within 3 years of his release he'd have to pay me $5000 a year for every year I supported him, the only thing it's not notarized. Do I have any chance of recouping what I put into him??
    s_cianci's Avatar
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

    Nov 5, 2010, 05:59 AM

    You may be able to get a judgment based on the agreement he signed. However, does he realistically have the means to pay? If not, then any such judgment wouldn't be worth the paper it's written on. When a couple divorces, typically the one with the higher income pays spousal support to the one with the lower income.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spousal support [ 1 Answers ]

I have been married 8 years to a spouse who had etoh and psych issues that I was unaware of. She was short of PhD and I RN. I am working and she isn't now and just taking full advantage of my working . Her attorney is bleeding me dry It appears that the court doesn't want to hear the why's...

Support spousal [ 8 Answers ]

We were married 1 week short of 2 years when she moved out what is the time frame for support is it 50% of the length of marriage and is there a free site to access disomaster to figure support

Spousal support [ 1 Answers ]

My husband's ex wife remarried and he is still paying her spousal support, is he supposed to still pay her

Spousal Support [ 10 Answers ]

In my final divorce decree. I am responsible to pay spousal support to my ex-wife for two years. I live in Virginia State. Now, during the two years my ex-wife got married and never informed the courts of the legal change in her maritiall status! My question is whether or not the spousal support...

Spousal Support [ 2 Answers ]

I am in divorce now. No minor children, married for 25 years. Do I still have to pay spusal support and is DissoMaster the correct way for this purpose?

View more questions Search