Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    pandacooda's Avatar
    pandacooda Posts: 6, Reputation: 3
    New Member

    Jul 2, 2007, 08:22 AM
    Can custodial parent move out of state
    I have primary custody of my children, their father has seen them only one weekend in the past two months. Can I move out of state, or am I bound to stay in the state I am in?
    angelz921's Avatar
    angelz921 Posts: 73, Reputation: 3
    Junior Member

    Jul 2, 2007, 08:32 AM
    This would depend on what you have set up in your visitation paperwork. You are required to give notice to the biological father that you are moving, no matter if he is "active" in your children's life. If he wants to fight it then he must do so accordingly, I would recommend talking to him. Send him a certified letter with return receipt stating that you are moving to so and so state with all of the information including new address phone numbers whatever it may be. But some people set up in there visitation paperwork that if a parent is to move out of the state it has to be approved by the other (within reason).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Move away order for custodial parent [ 2 Answers ]

I'am the custodial parent that lives in California needs to ask for a move away order to move to another state for a job transfer. We have joint custody. How do I go about asking the court for a move away order? How far in advance does this need to be done?

Can wife move out of state with child after divorce and residency in state [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I are living in Ohio, have been residents for 9 months and have a 14 month old child. If we divorce and she would get custody, could she ever move out of the state

Sibling refuses to move from/sell home parent left to all 4 siblings [ 2 Answers ]

My mother passed away 6 years ago and willed the family home to her 4 children equally. Three of us have our own homes but brother, never married, has lived most of his 58 years in that home. He does not want to sell and continues to live there (a duplex, 6 rooms each side). He uses one side for...

Job needs me to move out of state but on probation. [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, so I'm needed to move out of state VERY QUICKLY to another state for my job but I'm currently on probation here in AZ. My PO has said that it's possible to get the probation transferred, but that that process could take up to 6 months. I need this done in about 2 weeks. Are they are any options...

State tax-move from MA to CA [ 1 Answers ]

I just moved from MA to CA this month. Shall I file tax for both? MA honor the treaty of 5000$ exemption. I'm F1 OPT from China. What about CA? Thanks

View more questions Search