Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    tlc4560's Avatar
    tlc4560 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    May 7, 2007, 03:17 PM
    Birth certificate
    My situation is that when I was 18 years old I was told by a person that was a family friend that the lady who raised me was not my mother. He said he did not know who was my mother but he knew she was not my mother because she told him she was not my mother but did not go into detail. She denied all this.

    I realized I did not have a birth certificate around this time in my life and asked her why. She said she just did not get around to it. I searched through Vital Statistics many times and there is no birth certificate for me.

    Vital Statistics said to have her fill out the delayed birth certificate documentation and send them my school records, earliest medical records I could find and have someone fill out a form and have it notarized

    I tried on 3 different occasions to get her to do this. She said she would do it then just never did it.

    She died in December 07 and now I have to do it. I need guidance.

    My question is how do I go about this?

    I also have another questions...

    I asked her who my father was and she said Saul Levinson. He was a doctor on Capital Hill in Seattle, Washington. I don't know if this is the truth or not. This man died in 1975 or so. How could I find his family and do a DNA test to be sure?

    I also would like to find out if this woman really was my mother. She is dead now, but can I get her blood type from her doctor and have a dna test done?

    I really appreciate your help. If you would like to call me my # is 425-488-5520
    spea94's Avatar
    spea94 Posts: 66, Reputation: 3
    Junior Member

    May 7, 2007, 03:22 PM
    Wow, that's a tough one! Are you in the US? You could ask the local recorder office and they might be able to guide you better then I can.

    Good luck!
    tlc4560's Avatar
    tlc4560 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    May 7, 2007, 07:56 PM
    Yes US Washington State. Please tell me why you think the recorders office could help me.

    J_9's Avatar
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646

    May 7, 2007, 08:01 PM
    Your school may be able to help you as you needed a birth certificate to be enrolled in school, ask for a copy of all of your records.

    Believe me they have them. I just recently enrolled in Nursing School, last year, and needed my shot record from when I was a child, I am now 42. My mother did not know where the record was and my pediatrician has been dead for a good number of years. I contacted my high school asking for all of my records and lo and behold I not only got a copy of my shot record, but my birth certificate as well.

    Good luck to you.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692

    May 7, 2007, 08:37 PM
    Yes, J9 is correct, even when I started school you had to have a birth certificate, also if you have a social security card, their had to be a birth certficate. And if you have a drivers license, you had to have one to get that.

    It is just not possible to be your age and not have had to use it several times.

    But as the heir to your moms esate you should have the authority to get her medical records, if you keep something of hers, hair brush that has some hair, you may get some DNA from it. If not the blood type will not prove you are, but can prove you are not, if the types are not compatible.

    If this possible father is dead, you actually may find their family and file for a right to inherit under probate, and have a leg to stand on asking for a DNA test. ( if he was alive you would not have a right to get one if he did not agree)

    Also what about other family, uncles, aunts, cousins.

    I am sorry for this, I wish I had better help or advice, but I will pray for you.
    spea94's Avatar
    spea94 Posts: 66, Reputation: 3
    Junior Member

    May 8, 2007, 11:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tlc4560
    Yes US Washington State. Please tell me why you think the recorders office could help me.


    In cali that's where I have to go to get mine and my kids. I had to go to 2 different countys to get there's because they were born in 2 different countys.
    The other people had a good idea... the school has to have it!

    Good luck! Hope you find what your looking for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Parents name not on Birth Certificate [ 1 Answers ]

My son is 19 and was born in Germany while his father was stationed there with the US Military. He was issued a "Certification of Birth Abroad" by the Department of State. It was issued by the local Vice Consul in Germany. The certificate has my sons name, his sex, place of birth, date of birth...

Birth certificate [ 5 Answers ]

As an adult is there any way to get your parents names off your birth certificate? Can that area of the birth certificate be blank?

Birth Certificate [ 4 Answers ]

My son has had his new born baby ever since she was 1 week old and now she is 6 months and he wants his name on her birth certificate how does he go about doing this with out child support?

Birth Certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I just received an updated copy of my husband's birth certificate, he will be retiring soon and needs to show proof of his birth date. On the certificate it shows his mother as being the lady who adopted him when he was in his 40's. (for legal purposes, estate and other) Is this done as a...

Birth Certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I gave birth to my child but it wasn't my ex husband. We were separated for a while but we didn't get a divorce yet. In child birth certificate, there is no name on the father status because I was still married. Hospital left it blank because I was still married. Now that I'm divorce. I want the...

View more questions Search