Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    jrhazes's Avatar
    jrhazes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Oct 18, 2007, 01:46 PM
    Back child support and social security disability back pay
    I live in Texas and I am making court ordered payments fro back child support for a non-minor child. I will be receiving social security disability soon and was wondering since I am making payments will my social security back pay be garnished?:confused:
    ChihuahuaMomma's Avatar
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

    Oct 18, 2007, 02:31 PM
    They can, yes. And why is a non-minor getting child support? I as under the impression that child support is for CHILDREN unless there are special conditions.
    kayakinggirl's Avatar
    kayakinggirl Posts: 58, Reputation: 5
    Junior Member

    Oct 18, 2007, 05:02 PM
    Yep, they sure can-and if you are receiving disability insurance benefits, they'll also take a portion of our check if your past due benefits aren't enough to pay the back amount. You owe, apparently, court ordered support from a time frame when your children were minors (back child support).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support and social security disability [ 7 Answers ]

My ex said he is trying to get on disability so that he doesn't have to pay child support. Is this true? We live in PA

Social Security Disability? And a child [ 5 Answers ]

My husband was married 12 years ago , and got a divorce. The mother of his son they had, remarried four years ago. My husband fell ill and almost died from diebeities complications. During this time recoporating he than went on SSD for Mental Illness,bi-polar. His ex wife took him to court and...

Teacher retirement disability and social security disability [ 1 Answers ]

I qualified for both teacher retirement disability and social security disability. I saw the quote (below) but I'm uncertain how or if it also applies to me. "If the disability comes from Social Security, it is tax free. If it comes from your employer, it IS taxable." Also, my son...

H-1 Visa from F-1 getting back Social security and which forms to fill [ 1 Answers ]

I am hirenshukla from India currently,I am on H-1 Visa starting from October 2005 and was on OPT (F-1 Visa)from January 2005 up to September 2005 My company deducted the Social security from my from my pay during the entire year so could you please guide me how can I get that social security...

View more questions Search