Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    charlettadailey's Avatar
    charlettadailey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Dec 25, 2010, 10:06 PM
    Advise on child custody of a military son.
    The question I have is,I have a son whom recently married a young lady March 26 2009 and since then she has committed adultery.There is an unborn child and I am not for certain it is truly his and if it is I would like to know how to obtain custody of the child once it is born or what is my rights as a grandmother.My son plans on supporting the child and will have full military benefits.The young lady does not have any financial support for her self let alone have any for the baby once it is born,she is very unstable as well as undecive.I would like to know where I stand as a grandmother.
    joypulv's Avatar
    joypulv Posts: 21,593, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

    Dec 26, 2010, 05:41 AM
    It's far too soon to have grandparent rights.
    I see this is a speeding train about to derail. You need to stay out of your son's marriage, period. This is 100% none of your business. It's chilling to read 'I am not for certain it is truly his.' You have no right to even be making that statement. That is for your SON to be saying, and he has spoken: he will be father to the child. You talk about his WIFE as a young lady with no financial support for herself and the baby, which is a flat out lie - she's his WIFE and does have support - HIS and his benefits. Back off, or you will make this far, far worse than you think it is now. You may find yourself with a son who will have nothing to do with you and a daughter in law who will leave, with the child, faster than you can say what did I do?
    joypulv's Avatar
    joypulv Posts: 21,593, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

    Dec 26, 2010, 05:58 AM
    One very basic and compelling reason to stay out of their marriage is that you don't know ANYTHING, really. You weren't there watching her 'commit adultery' with a man. You don't know if your son has had an affair or had a child with another woman, even though you may think you know, or if he said something or did something, who knows what.

    I recently answered an ad for a free kitten. The house was full of cats and smelled. A crazy cat lady? She has a full time job and didn't seem crazy at all. She gave me an adorable kitten and warned me it had fleas. An irresponsible cat lady?
    Turns out all the cats were her husband's comfort and companions while he was home dying of cancer. He had just died, and she was finding homes for them. A shelter was coming the next day to get many of them.

    You NEVER know the whole story, do you?
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Dec 26, 2010, 07:33 AM

    Normally, I might object to Joy's posts here because this is the law forum and answers here must conform to existing statute. But she did tell you it was too early for grandparent's rights. Besides with I so totally agree with her.

    This is your son's problem and you NEED to stay out of it. Legally you don't stand a chance of getting custody of this child.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,300, Reputation: 7691

    Dec 26, 2010, 09:41 AM

    The mother or the father can fight for custody, not you.

    Next if the child is not even your sons child, you would not even have grandparents rights ( and that only allows you to visit

    I also agree, this is what you want, what does the father and mother of the child want

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do I need to file for child support and custody of my son [ 2 Answers ]

My son has 2 years old and has been living with me for over a year now and his mother promises to come get him to spend some time with her and every time she has an excuse such as, I quote "Ican't handle him in the summer I would get him in the winter", which does not make any sense at all. My mom...

Need advise on what to do with 14 yr old son [ 6 Answers ]

My 14 yr old son and I have always had a good relationship until recently. He has never had a problem with me keeping tabs on what he is doing, online or otherwise but he has been changing his passwords and lying about who he is meeting at the movies and elsewhere. When I speak with him about these...

Dad had custody for 12 years, now mom wants son and owes $40M in child support. [ 1 Answers ]

My x-wife gave up custody of my son to me 12 years ago by the time he was 1 1/2 years old. We married and divorced within a year. I have raised my son through very hard times without ANY help from her. I have 2 other children that I PAY CHILD SUPPORT and share custody. A child support order was...

Military advise [ 5 Answers ]

As I've posted before, I'm currently trying to get out of the army, JAG already kicked back my paperwork back twice. I'm wondering if anyone knows if I can just go back up to the mental health people up at the hospital and to just tell them to sign some kind of paper saying that: at least if the...

Advise over custody [ 5 Answers ]

:confused Im married and my husband was married to another lady about 13 years ago, she left him taking her then 3 month old dughter, brian has never had contact with them since but 12 years on he received a letter from the csa asking for money each week for the child, brian is now going to ask for...

View more questions Search