My son's birth certificate is blank where the fathers name is supposed to go because his biological father refused him. I have a protective order in place and our divorce decree mirrors the protective order stating he has no contact with either of us. I have re-married and my son wants his step dad listed on his birth certificate and to take his last name. Do I have to go through the process of terminating the biological fathers rights and having his step dad formally adopt him or can I simply add him to the birth certificate?