I am currently thinking about going to a different state to find work and hopefully a place to live. I have a 1 year old daughter and I am currently living with her father and his family. The father told me that he doesn't want me to take the child away and I figure that it would be best to leave her with the family, who loves her and cares for her, take care of business elsewhere and send them money for her whenever possible until I can bring her with me.

My question is.. Can the family file for Child Abandonment against me if I do so?