My daughter is 8 months old. Her biological father has had no communication or helped in any way since her birth. She was born in ga but we live in va now. I'm not sure which state laws to go by and when I can file for abandonment and possibly child support if I can do so without giving him the right to see her. My husband takes responsibility for her and supports her as his. Can anyone give advice on how we can go about doing this?